Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ali & Pat

It took me a little longer than expected to get back to posting!  Here are the cookies I made for a bride that wanted to give cookies to her out of town guests.  She gave the cookies at her rehearsal dinner back in April.. 

There were some very late nights with this one.  I baked 5 dozen squares and applied frosting sheets that had the lavender background with Ali & Pat in script.  Just what the customer ordered.  I checked on the cookies after a couple hours and the lavender had turned a very pretty blue, not was I was going for.  So, baked another five dozen and tried again with  frosting sheets from a different shipment, you know, maybe the first batch I used were defective.  I had never had this happen before.  I used a different method to attach the second batch - guaranteed to work.  WRONG - bubbles came up on the cookies after about 10 hours.  No way were these going to be acceptable.  So, I was up in to the wee hours of the morning hand writing Ali & Pat on 60 cookies.  I was happy with the final cookie, but I'd prefer not to go through that again.  I'm thinking lavender is one of those colors that is difficult to achieve on a frosting sheet.  I'll try it again some day - not too soon.